It’s the beginning of April and that means 2023 is ¼ over – already!
So, it’s a good time to check in with ourselves…
How is your 2023 going?
- has gone well for you so far?
- could have gone better?
- is one thing you really want to focus on in the next three months?
Many of us make resolutions at the start of the year with the best of intentions, but unfortunately, most of us have a hard time keeping them.
It’s easy to become discouraged when your New Year’s resolutions fail. But don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s very normal for resolutions to fail, and it’s important to remember that it’s not a reflection of your character or worth.
If you’ve found yourself in this situation, here are a few tips to help you get back on track:
1. Get back to basics. Take a step back and look at your resolution(s) objectively. Are you setting realistic goals? Have you broken your goals down into smaller, more manageable steps? If not, refocus your efforts and start from the basics.
2. Take it slow. Don’t expect to make drastic changes immediately. Change takes time, and it’s important to be patient and kind to yourself as you work on your resolution.
3. Seek support. Finding someone to support you with your goals can make all the difference. Maybe it’s time you find a community or coach to help support your goals and to keep you accountable and motivated in achieving them.
4. Start fresh. If you find yourself losing motivation, try starting over. Make a new resolution or set a new goal — something that you can work towards in the short term.
No matter how many times you stumble and fall, remember that it’s never too late to try again; there is still plenty of time for you to make this year your best yet!
The KruFit community puts these tips into practice every day and helps each other recognize progress, no matter how big or small.
If you’re ready to make a change or looking for some help getting back on track with your goals, reach out and schedule your free trial class!